View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 03:49 PM
WickedSmaht
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato

Originally Posted by DoubleUp686 View Post
He’s not being called out for supporting Trump. His donation was merely used to confirm that he’s employed by Allegiant. He’s being targeted right now for his affiliation with a violent extremist group not because he supports MAGA.
Understood, and rightfully so. My point being that in the article the author notes that the captain in question was partially identified by his campaign contributions to Trump. I opine that should not be a factor for anyone and there is concern that those very records will be used to marginalize (or worse) anyone who gave $25 bucks to Trump and had it recorded on a federally mandated list who's intent is not to compile information for that purpose. We should not be using that information to use as a cudgel in anyone's professional life. Again, this particular case is a different animal and I have no issue with that. This guy seems to be missing a few neurons regardless of who he votes for and that alone should be the determining factor (along with any potential criminal activity or harassment) for any sort of action by his employer. I have no beef with what's happening to him in the macro, just a deep concern for an element of how it was discovered who he was.