Thread: Side Hustle
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:10 AM
LandGreen2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
I've been paper trading a 100k account on Think or Swim. The SPY & SPX Short Iron Condors got crushed this week. The short RMO double diagonal is holding up OK. I'm short FEB 15 put / 40 call and long May 12.5 put/ 45 call. On the plus side, my short FEB 230 Straddle on BRK/B is up $32.50. I started paper trading after Christmas and am down $2,792.50 overall. I'm keeping my day job a while longer.

As for the real money, the Feb TSLA calls are now ITM, so they are candidates to roll out and up as the extrinsic value decays closer to expiration. In staying true to my core competency, another passive share of an apartment community made its way into the portfolio. Were expecting 8% cash on cash, with a cash out refi in year 3-4. Another one from early 2020 is already planning for a 50% equity distribution from a supplemental loan in Q3 2021. We've been getting 6% CoC so far, and with half of our initial equity back, we will be getting 10-12% CoC and still retain our initial share of ownership. The cash out supplemental will fund part of another investment when we get it. Gotta keep the equity snowball rolling...

Help from the crowd please. Does Tradestation have the same nice red/green arrow, trade visualization graph that I see on the Tastytrade videos?
have any of you done a simple wheel strategy on one of those indexes. What has been your return?