View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Saabs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Airbus button pusher

Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I said I wouldn't get involved, but I will say this:
We have flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders. Cops have body cameras and recorders that they can turn off at will and that's perfectly acceptable. How'd you feel flying for a company where it was commonplace for the CA to pull the breaker on the FDR/CVR then do shady stuff? If that were acceptable, are there pilots you know who would abuse it?

When a cop arrests someone, they're potentially ruining their life. Depending on the charge, their employment, ability to get a security clearance, right to own firearms, vote, work for govt, etc, is all at risk. If they're guilty of said crime, then they should get the punishment. But why, with modern tech, is it acceptable for a cop's written report to be taken as gold in court when they have the tech to record everything they saw and heard on their shoulder? That body cam should be their primary means of gathering evidence and more important to their job than their firearm.
that gets me out of jury duty every time during voir dire. Last time I raised my hand because we were asked who would believe the police officer over the defendant. Yeah, I will most of the time. Especially when he had a criminal record. Just how I was raised, if you were raised differently that’s cool too.