Old 01-11-2021, 07:06 AM
DeltaboundRedux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Enoch Powell Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gordie H View Post
I’ve written about the examples you’ve cited in previous posts but really it just doesn’t matter – if not these things then it’d be something else (the short of it is he was in line with then CDC guidance). When Fauci wasn’t going to go along with Trump it was over. I guess that’s sorta what pis*es me off…he’s demonized for being a liar when the truth is BECAUSE he wouldn’t lie he was demonized. He wouldn’t go around last summer saying we’re “rounding the corner” or “more testing is bad” or other outrageously ridiculous crap.

What should have happened is Trump should’ve fired Fauci early last summer and installed a Scott Atlas type to mesh with his true natural herd immunity policy. Having said all this, if Fauci’s approval with the public does (or has?) actually dropped off, then he should be replaced.

Interesting mask article btw - history repeats
Nobody climbs the slippery pole of any huge organization without being a political animal first, and from a very early start. (CEOs, Generals, High level politicians, etc.)

Fauci is no different. He may very well be brilliant, but his #1 skill is balancing trade-offs; a nice way of saying he's adept at speaking out of both sides of his mouth. This doesn't mean he's "compromised", only that no one should be disappointed when he sings a different tune every day.

It is what it is.

I'd be more impressed if he was better at reducing complex information to manageable packets for the layman. The best ever at that was physicist and ladies man Richard Feynman. A truly rare breed.