View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:54 AM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by ASACapt View Post
I came close to that number (87%) during COVID, no extended days, 4 weeks of vacation, 5 PTO days and working on average 12.1 days a month with vacation. I was also parked for 3 tours (3 full weeks) during COVID with full pay when we didn’t have enough flying. That’s is still counted in the 12.1 since they were considered work days and it was the company’s choice to leave me at home. I was Assigned the CC76LT Jan until Sept and then on CC72 Oct-Dec

I didn’t work hard in 2020 at all to get close to that figure I made. I was also parked in the hotel several times while on a tour once I hit 12.1. About $34k put into company retirement with the match and FDP. I’m not old enough to do the catch up.

Assigned 225 days of duty for 2020. Vacay 1: 20 days off, vacay 2: 19 days off, vacay 3: 15 days off, vacay 4: 21 days off. 5 days of PTO.

You can also look at it a different way with contractual vacation lengths of 15 days since mine were longer than what is contractually required and my using 5 PTO days. (225-60-5= 160/12=13.3 days a month.

So worst case puts me working our busiest schedule making a small FDP at an average 13 days a month. Pretty close to the same thing you’re working.

Also, we don’t need jumpseating and non-rev benefits. You know that we are able to use airline miles to fly positive space on status which also means free first class upgrades. Hotels are also free using points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go ahead keep saying that in your head, the airline miles and Hotels, which have been extremely devalued and pretty much useless unless you plan out a year or more in advance.

Oh, and of course I didn’t factor in vacation, days stated was before vacation. That would drop me to less than 10 average. And with some seniority as I have, I can easily give myself 2-3 weeks off without taking any vacation, simply bidding lines, no, you can’t get 3 weeks off at NJ without PTO and/or vacation.

People discard jumpseating, but it has allowed me to see many kids national events (multiple), 2 international events (only paying taxes), good luck trying to do that with airline miles. Heck, I have a 48 hr layover somewhere, unheard of at NJ, sometimes I JS home for a day.

Ultimately, good that you are happy with the decent job. I was not and could of never had the schedule flexibility, earnings potential and the big one retirement at NJ. If you are happy making the same plus a couple of percent year after year, good for you. I want to retire early with a nice nest egg that I won’t have to touch much with my pension and whatever amount comes in via SS. Could not do that at NJ. Plus could not of moved around my schedule to accommodate the remaining years of my kids teenage years. Jobs are simply in different planets.