View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 08:17 AM
captnate702
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Okay, but where will we fly these new jets? DSM-TRI? TYS-FAR? ABE-GRI? And we're going to fill planes on those routes? Have another drink of Maury's spiked koolaid pal.

Buying a competitor eliminates a competitor, and Maury hates competition. Buying a large airline brings large planes and international ops. Seems to make more sense than more flights to North Dakota.
I'm sure management will find some non-competitive routes to fly 2-4 times per week like the rest of our network. I know you think Maury is nuts, and i am not fan of his, but Wall Street seems to love what he is doing because our market cap is over $3b this morning and NK is sitting $2.3b despite NK having way more planes on hand and way more planes on order. They are a significantly larger airline than ours by traditional metrics (ASMs, etc.) yet here we are with a ~30% larger market cap and significantly more valuable stock.

Maury always does what is in the best interest of the shareholders because he is the largest shareholder...