View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 08:59 AM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by ASACapt View Post
I didn’t use any PTO to get that many days off for vacation. I used PLCS and it worked. I may have slide a tour 1-2 days as well but those are still in the calculation.

I only used PTO on a normal tour not in conjunction with a vacation

Happy to hear airline life is working out for you. If you’re 15+ years at NJA, that’s well over $200K. I doubt you’re making anywhere near that at airline X unless you’re at UPS or FedEx.

How many years will it take for you to reach the income you’ve lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I am at one of those. And it took me exactly one year to get back to what I was making as a topped out Capt at NJ. I did loose money first year, no doubt, but got a fat check from NJ for unused vacation, plus much smaller tax bill, it wasn’t that bad at all. And year 2 forward, it has been a tad better even with the NJ ‘18 agreement and about even with this new one as well.

The point I am trying to make, I know full well people get comfortable and don’t want to start over, like the dynamic of the job. I was there, and NJ is a good job. But barring the starting over or actually liking the job, every junior PIC and every SIC would fare better in most ways. It says a lot when a 15+ year Captain, after only one year, can make almost if not the same as a puny FO. Plus the schedule flexibility, etc.

People glorify the NJ job, when it is an average job. People like the job, good for them, whatever makes you happy!!