View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:41 PM
furloughfuntime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I'm not expecting any insurrection/sedition charges unless they can document some actual detailed planning/communication, and that means active participation in said planning/communication by those charged. Just receiving a tweet or text is probably not enough. Reasonable doubt will hold that most of those people were there for a rally and were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Planning/coordinating a rally/protest doesn't count as a crime, even if you don't like their politics.
Well, the FBI is on it, and they said explicitly they are looking for evidence of "seditious conspiracy." I'm sure they'll find some. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol...ay-2021-01-12/

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Also, don't use the term "insurrection" lightly. The real insurrections we've had in this country were both instigated and led by highly experienced and competent senior military officers from the old establishment. Those lasted years for years and permanently altered the course of the nation. That's the kind of insurrection you need to worry about.
I don't use the term lightly, and I don't think *****footing around what happened on the 6th is all that helpful. Even the Joint Chiefs released a statement calling it insurrection, and they do all they can to avoid appearing political. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, swims like a duck, well it's probably a duck. Just because you want to qualify it as "not a real insurrection" based on a personal set of criteria doesn't mean it wasn't a real insurrection.

At this point, it's more political to call it anything other than an insurrection than it is to call it what it was, an insurrection.