View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 02:35 PM
say again
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by 123494 View Post
Do any of you find yourself flying with fellow pilots (CA or FO) who are overly paranoid and think the company/world is out to get them?

Flew with a CA recently who was probably the best pilot I have ever flown with. Was very smooth and flew the plane by the book. Other than his flying and ADM, he was extremely paranoid about everything. Some examples were:

1. Afraid to speak to the FAs. Would only talk when a flight related issue came up. Otherwise, he was convinced they would take something he said the wrong way and report it.

2. Afraid of Pax. Was convinced they had video cameras out and ready to catch any mistake we made and put it on social media. Didn't like making PAs and avoided eye contact in gate area.

3. Afraid of Gate Agents. Was convinced they were writing notes trying to pin any delay on him. Had an extensive notebook to record every move they made and what Zulu time.

4. Afraid of dispatch. If he had to call them, he would never use his name, only the flight number and tail. Not sure why.

Again, he was a fine aviator and I picked up some good techniques from him. I could go on with examples of the paranoia. Just curious if others have had any similar trips. Are pilots just programed to think this way?
Not to that extent, but have had pilots that watched closely what they say and do as to not cause any reason to get a "call".