View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 04:20 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Grumpyaviator View Post
It’s not paranoia if they’re really out to get you.
I've flown with a couple guys who got badly burned in the recent past for acting like a CA and trying to solve problems. That doesn't always fly anymore.

My takeaway from other people's hard lessons: Call ops and let the station handle it and stay in the cockpit... even if you handle it perfectly, the video will be edited to be "newsworthy" before they run it on CNN. There's no way you're coming out ahead because you doing good is not newsworthy in any way. I would even think twice about intervening in a fight. Only exception is if you personally foil an actual terrorist attack, then you can write a book and retire.

Airborne, give 'em a warning and then divert and let the cops deal with it. If they trigger a (legit) divert, they're going to lose in court.

I also know people who won't go out with FA's on an overnight. Meh, gotta use common sense on that. If the party's getting heavy, leave before you get into the realm of "should have known" that somebody was going to be unfit in the morning. If somebody needs help to their room, you stayed to long... have the hotel staff take them up.