View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Beechnut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Yeah, other than #4, I probably think along those lines. You are expressing your bias by using the word "afraid." I look at is at "wary." Stay in the cockpit. Don't fraternize with FAs. When the door is open, Gate Agents own the airplane.

Conversely, If the Gate Agent needs help, not my problem. If Inflight doesn't like a passenger, I'll call the Agent and they can have them removed. No conversation there at all. I won't override a FA's opinion of a passenger. If we divert because a passenger does become a problem, my boss will ask why I wasn't concerned when the FA brought up the problem back at the gate. If the FA had a bad day and was being unreasonable, then their department can address it. No where in my books does it say evaluate the decision making ability of the Flight Attendants and decide whether or not to go along with them.

I've seen first hand pilots who are predators. I've seen first hand the FA Facebook page that wanted to crucify a flight crew that were falsely accused by a fired FA. So... yeah. No thanks.

I have a really good job that I've spent most of my life working towards. Damn right I watch out for it.

It isn't high school. It isn't a popularity contest.