View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 03:53 PM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Python1287 View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...of-pricey-jets

Amazon started a UPS-like parcel service in the U.K. last year, but abandoned a similar effort in the U.S. amid the surge in online orders. Much of Wall Street believes Amazon will eventually fly packages for other companies to defray investments in Amazon Air and generate new revenue streams, much the way it did with other logistics services and its cloud-computing division.

“I absolutely expect them to pick that up again,’’ says Ravi Shanker, a Morgan Stanley logistics and transportation analyst.

But for now, Amazon Air ships items already in its warehouses, typically bound for customers.
Understand and I refer you to my above statements. Take a look at the predictions on cargo demand growth expectations and pair that with reduced capacity. Let Amazon haul the low margin garbage. Let FedEx haul the higher revenue garbage. Plenty of room for others in the cargo market as we order everything from our couches now.

Remember when FedEx is bidding/negotiating a contract they are not only offering to haul the stuff they are offering many other ancillary benefits.