View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Slice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

Originally Posted by Senior Skipper View Post
I've never come across anyone I think could benefit from that sort of program, and I hope I never do. But i'm certain of 2 things:

Somewhere out there, there is somebody who is in a unique enough situation to warrant that kind of program.

There aren't enough of those unique situations to keep those programs running. Hence they must be full of people who are willing to shoot themselves in the leg and screw themselves and the rest of us in the long run.

For THOSE poeple, I have no respect whatsoever. It's a bad thought, but I kinda hope they get stuck in those crappy "jobs" and see how foolish they've been.
There's never an excuse for going through a program like that. I don't care if you're 25 or 55. The programs have been around for years, so enough people are around to keep them going. If your situation is that unique stay at your old job to provide for your family. Scab mentality indeed. If they did it once what's to say they won't take the easy or low road when the moment of truth presents itself in the future. Not at my airline if I have a choice(which I currently do not).