View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 06:36 AM
kaputt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by falconkidding View Post
How many applicants are they going to have no show at fletc or turn down the job cause they have been jerked around for over a year. I got called almost 4 months after my "failed" polygraph asking if I would take another..... No....... in the months after the examiner said there was no way I would get a 2nd I took another flying job.

How many of those in the accepted stage are going to bail cause they are recalled to 121 or at 135 places. I know if I took the 2nd poly and made it, I would "accept" the offer but only as protection against an imploding flying market cause I lucked into a cushy 135 spot. Do they factor that in and "over hire" expecting most to bail?
I’m sure there will be some. How many will depend on what exactly the aviation industry looks like when that time comes. There may be a few who also stick around though even if opportunities come up on the civilian side because they are done with the tumultuous nature of the airline industry and want some stability and the opportunity to support a good mission.

Maybe one of the CBP guys on here has some knowledge into the recruiting process and whether they over hire or not, but my response would be to never underestimate the incompetence of the government hiring process. It’s likely not pilots ultimately making the manning decisions for CBP.