View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 11:37 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
You have to have seniority to do that. When numbers total available to fly some even mid seniority will not be able to do this.

I did no prob on the 88. Now, no. Many of us slid backwards relatively in seniority this go around. Unless we reinstate unassigned, it's going to be a very brutal low paying summer for a lot of us
I don't see that wet dream of management staffing happening this summer, except for those who don't understand the contract, bid reserve, do nothing to "enhance" their schedule, then gripe about being used and abused, all while GS#4 is being passed out to others every day.

You rarely see staffing at the worst possible model of "heads I win, tails you lose" like you are predicting (though sometimes you may). It is rare that you see all reserves flying every single on call day, while at the same time no GS are being awarded to alleviate that (which the PB day feature does very well).

IF staffing is critical, then while on reserve, fly multiple GS, roll that thunder and enjoy being paid far above the reserve guarantee, while enjoying far more days off than if you hadn't put in for a GS at all!

If staffing is not critical then you'll likely not get abused as bad as you think.

This is coming from a guy (me) who bid reserve last month, flew one one-day GS, and other than that (and associated PB days put on schedule), got used every possible day I could have! (So I actually sympathize with your concerns to a point).