Thread: FedEx v swa
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 07:48 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
If he is coming here for a three-year upgrade to 757 captain as a commuter, then he really doesn’t understand the situation. Probably best for him to stay where he is.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Originally Posted by Indyjetav8er View Post
A guy I work with is year 3 at swa. He had an interview at FedEx. With cjo. He can’t decide to stay or go. He is looking for data points.
do you think the upgrades are going to stay at FedEx at 36months
He is looking at pay v days off. Not sure if he can get WB in Indoc. he does not live in base at either. But a short drive to ind.
Is the 880 they are hiring this year for growth or for retirements
thoughts
Define upgrades. Upgrades to WBs? Yes, if he gets into a class soon and has to take a 757FO.

I don't think you're going to find more pay for days off then FedEx, maybe UPS.

If and when he gets to IND, the IND flying isn't great, no day sorts. It will improve slightly with the Paris trips -- assuming he likes flying long flights without that much block override if any.

The 880 is for both retirements and growth. About 150-190 a year in retirements.

I came from a legacy. I could not in any way imagine flying for SWA. Not to put them down, but I wouldn't fit into the corporate culture -- being referred to as Southwest Warriors, constantly being told we're the best! along with the cheerleads and then having to listen to the flight attendants and their stupid games. Then there's the go go go go go mantra at Southwest and doing multiple legs a day all for sub par par. No way. Not for me.