Thread: FedEx v swa
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 10:55 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
I’ve been at FedEx for almost three years, and have done at most 6 hub turns. In fact, nothing you wrote mirrors any of the experiences I’ve had here at all. But then again, you said yourself you don’t work here, so I’m not sure why you’re commenting about life at FedEx.
You are correct. Very correct yet my friends experiences differ on you based upon iron and flown schedules is my wild guess. Are you 75, 76, 777, etc? You are but one cog in your system as I in mine. So yes my data is just the Purple friends I talk with/served with - about 15 remaining. You know, life long friends. My fellow Company FO sitters would say their lifestyles are not nearly quite the same as mine just based on a decade, simple understanding. Our 76 folks have a really good life at base, but still grind out some outstations - although I will say we are not nearly as mature on hub turn ops as you but that will change eventually with much growing pains. Definitely should have clarified my discussion with only 76 Capt friends who have jumped to these very lucrative seats about 5-6 years ago. One is a 2 decade lifer so far (2000 hire) and missed Christmas Eve and Christmas in 2019 (I‘ll ask if he was able to hold a better schedule in 2020) He mentioned he was hopeful for a better schedule the following year-his words not mine. He lives MEM close, so no real issues just sleeps during the day and flies probably in the middle of the pack - nice. View your other early discussions on “Considering Jumping Ship.” Unsure what iron, but one of your senior folks mentioned y’all had some of the toughest schedules in the system which mirrored my discussions with just friends nothing more. Maybe that has changed. Maybe my friends don’t bid very well. Doubtful, but possible.

*I did enjoy being stuck (only 1 night) with y’all in Korea (Incheon) Transit Hotel if you need to know. Very informative bunch regarding international flying. Y’all can really drain a bar and I would have too. Hopefully the vaccine will bring you out of that hotel soon and back to the good times. We are all sharing the pain, but that was ridiculous. It’s not like we don’t cross paths and we don’t ask questions when you have a live body doing the deed right in front of us. Always curious, always learning as a globetrotter.

Oh yeah, passed my physical today and grateful to keep my job, so I have that going for me which is nice.