View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 08:04 AM
AlphaBeta
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by tcco94 View Post
and we were not staffed properly for 2019 levels either? Plus by summer of 2022 if you recall everyone and train us by then, we are still 20% smaller than 2019. So even if you don't assume those levels come back for a few years, we would need to hire by then or else we would be severely behind and playing catch up with 4-500 retiring a year for the next 10 years.

I don't know how to run an airline, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Watching us this holiday season and knowing next fall could have a lot more travel worries me if they plan on keeping me away from the line all year this year because we are not being proactive and prepping ourselves for a recovery. Sure a big chunk of us affected could be put in our old types but there's also a big chunk that I'm in that need a new type entirely and know it will be months from recall to being available on the line.... But hey, green slips galore for you guys. Everyday I'm wishing I was back.... Hope the rumors come true...
that is because we have 3 AEs worth of people not fully trained yet. I personally believe we need to bring more pilots back, but from everything I have seen over the past 6 years, the company will take a few meltdowns a year to save money.