Thread: FedEx v swa
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 02:05 PM
FrankTheTank
Fill'er Up Again

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Once again, 76 Capt, a few 77 flyers, not 75... mentioned not a great bidder possibly, but this specific friend also indicated he was fairly low seniority wise and unable to hold international (2019), definitely not a liar and has had my back for 25 years thru thick or thin. No issue taken as many folks lie I get it, but my best friends are the best for good reason. I raised the question as a spoiled pilot complaining about not being able to hang out with my pals anymore overseas. Most have upgraded to WB Capt or simply WB. 2020 took care of any meet and chill sessions so there’s that.

Definitely just an observer with Great friends in most areas of the industry and no expert by any means, just read your fellow Purple postings (MeIT) and many others hit other tough spots: “The pure lines are on the day side and can be pretty grueling especially when the day sort is consistently late.“-whataclub. Not everything is easy, but you do get compensated I can say. Hub turns exist as we taxi in/out of your domiciles and those of you who avoid them-well done but someone is doing them. Some folks like them as it fits their lifestyles and that’s what it’s all about. Others despise long haul which I totally get, while I enjoy a change of scenery only due to seniority mind you. We all know you have a great company and during these times it’s even more accentuated. What drives greatness is the priorities of the individual and how their met. Your company has led the way for most of us - keep on keeping on so thank you.
19 years on property, 76 Captain is not fairly junior... He failed bidding or was trying to get specific flying that included Christmas.