Thread: FedEx v swa
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 03:12 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Reading Pinseeker, MeIT and others is great “insider” information and we “outsiders” really do appreciate your candor and honesty. It parallels my friend(s) information and really gives the seniority aspect and equipment differences only y’all can truly provide. Specifics do matter. I could blast all day long I never do hub turns, nor do I only fly late PM/early AM runs and sleep when the sun is up - In reality I have seniority and choose not to fly any other companies hub turns any more during peak, your overnights HNL were quite appealing though, CGN runs were fun for a couple of runs, but after 4 I was done (the line had 8).

Captains constantly see my line number when we fly and ask: “Did you bypass upgrade?” (seems obvious)
Seeing my classmates from a decade ago as Captains for 5 years now, I watch their schedules at the domiciles I prefer like a hawk. They're still at the bottom 10% and I won’t budge until they maintain 50% and have some choice. (Y’all have more control it seems and that is awesome.
My reply to inquisitive Capts or FOs: “Have you ever been number #1 anywhere?” They have no further questions.
Granted my base closed recently so now I be #2..... great for as long as we’re around.

Maybe my friend was the only one not to be able to get Christmas off... Maybe just an anomaly, it was what it was. I never miss anything, but seniority is everything as I don’t need the cash (want is different) - those left seat and senior rule the day everywhere. Hint: Always thought I had a great schedule til I saw the top guy(s), but there are more clever folks out there.

Last edited by C17B74; 01-21-2021 at 03:44 PM.