Thread: FedEx v swa
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:12 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Yes, you did work pretty hard those other months. At your pay rate with international override included, you had to earn over 1500 credit hours. Even if all of that extra was earned at 200%, that means you worked an extra 25 or more days that year. That’s almost two extra months worth of work days.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t do it or that it can’t be done, only that you can’t do it by just working 10-13 days in a 4 week month and 15-17 days in a 5 week month. You can’t make over $300k as a second or third year wide body FO if you just fly your line and don’t fly extra.

Some people get the holidays off. I have never worked Christmas either. However, we have trips that work over those holidays and there are pilots that fly them that don’t want to but couldn’t get rid of them. I’m just trying to make sure that some one doesn’t get the impression that they are guaranteed to have weekends and holidays off, have as much time off as they want, and still make over $300k their second or third year here. That is the impression I see in some of the posts. Just trying to keep it real.
Yes you can. I've done it consistently. It's called REVISIONS. EXTENSIONS. They add up. Or DRAFT after you've cleared your schedule with a vacation block. I can't count how many times I was on 125% for Substitution. It adds up.