View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:19 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
Latency and Dwell Time need to be banished from Flight Ops vocabulary. I've banished them from mine. No pilot ever dawdles on the ramp on purpose. But with all the endless possible distractions that demand the crew's attention, we don't need any subtle pressure "we must dwell time!") exerted beyond what we always have to deal with
Flight Ops always ends commentary about dwell time with if you feel you need to stop the operation for safety stop the operation and they will back you 100%. Furthermore, while dwell time may be a debrief item on a line Check(depending on the reason for the dwell), it is not graded.

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
Amen. Personally, I've found a measure of dark humor in the way they seem to sandwich QCQ slides advising us to make time, slow the operation down, minimize workload and distractions during busy phases of flight right between slides about reducing dwell time, latency and minimizing APU burn while maximizing SE taxi.
This is because Flight Operations empowers Captains to be leaders and decifer when safety or efficiency is appropriate.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk