View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:38 PM
aeroengineer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
That is a tough one to speculate about. I’m surprised we had enough people leave in this environment to prompt hiring at all. The vast majority of our hires are coming out of the military. With the economy the way it is, I’m not sure how many highly qualified military people are leaving the service. There are also several barriers to hire that one must overcome now. As always, they would prefer you have an active clearance. However, now you have to meet the more stringent coronavirus standards. High risk individuals are not deployable so I’m sure that is affecting their hiring decisions, even if it’s not really legal. Plus, a lot of people might be skeptical about the future of this gig, with the drawdowns happening and what not. I for one believe it will be around for years to come.
I can see where military pilots are wanting to hold fast to their military job for now. That said I spoke a few days ago to a AD AF pilot who said force shaping is in serious discussion given no one is leaving. So these ISR companies may find more applicants knocking on the door. I still can't wrap my head around how we went from a shortage to having too many in a little over a year.