View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:39 PM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Nacho Libre View Post
70-30% currently on the survey. What are the odds the shot becomes mandatory for employment? If it is how do you guys/gals see those percentages move?

The area where I live there is a county nursing home that is requiring the vaccine for employment. Employees aren’t forced to get the vaccine, but are on layoff status until they get the shot.
That ratio seems to be in the same neighborhood as the general public according to some polls I have seen.

I think it is unlikely the US Government will make it mandatory because of inevitable civil liberties lawsuits. But, as you point out, many companies are likely to demand vaccination as a condition of employment and other nations might make it compulsory for admission across their border.

But here is an interesting proposition. The big pharma companies that develop the vaccines are immune from liability arising from their vaccine. But would that same civil immunity extend to The Acme Widget Company that demands vaccination of their employees and then one dies because of it?

Hmmmmmmm....