Old 01-26-2021, 06:05 AM
GucciBoy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Fetal

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
So I've used your logic and applied it to Fauci (in red) and I guess you would have to agree....since it is your litmus test?
Phin's can say whatever he wants....Fauci should not/is not allowed to as a .gov leader/spokesman. I've said it before, I think what Faucii said/did is negligent homicide and he should be prosecuted. He was the acknowledged expert and spokesman. If it can be proven that Trump ordered him to do it, then they should both be prosecuted. Nobody ever has to obey an illegal order. Period.

The difference is Fauci made this claim before all the facts were known, i.e. while he was still being told there was a looming PPE shortage for health care workers. I’m not saying that necessarily justifies his course of action, but Phins made his dubious claims well after the election results had been tabulated. Anyone who made the claim that Biden would never be the president prior to the election is just stating their educated guess.

To compare Phins to Fauci, Fauci would’ve had to have been presented with the information that there was no mask shortage, and that pre- and asymptomatic people could spread the virus, and then still claim that there is no reason to wear a mask. Now that you mention it, that does sound a lot like Phins...