View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:30 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dr-fauci-says-might-still-142858782.html

"Fauci, for his part, has long said we'd still need to abide by public health measures even after getting vaccinated, just in case. "Obviously, with a 90-plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident" that you won't get COVID-19, Fauci told CNN. "But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated….even though, for the general population, it might be 90 to 95% effective," said Fauci, "you don't necessarily know, for you, how effective it is.""

I think he's saying that so people don't abandon social distancing measures in premature enthusiasm. Not because he really thinks the vaccine won't stop spread, he knows better. Fibbing to influence public behavior is nothing new for the good doc.

Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
Get ready for masks and restrictions continuing for a long time thanks to this dolt.
I really don't think people will put up with it. Especially people who have bothered to get the vaccine. I won't, other than maybe at work as a condition of my employment.