View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:45 AM
FlyPurdue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: 787

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
I really don't disagree with this, but what are the metrics that will be used to have the restrictions revoked? Simply saying, "when metrics improve" wouldn't exactly fill me with the warm fuzzies. I would want to see hard numbers and percentages from the administration as to what will trigger the end of the restrictions. My fear is the moving goalposts with ambiguous metrics that have been rampant since this whole thing began.
I completely agree with you, 100%. The CDC already has a pretty clear model that computes and displays excess deaths, so there’s that.

I remember in April / May of last year there was a deck that showed clear metrics on when reopening would begin, but it was tabled almost immediately and the reopening’s happened even without the metrics being met (I’m not saying that was the wrong decision, I’m just saying the metrics existed). Even the very liberal city that I live in has published metrics that have not changed, and when things got better in September - things opened up, and conversely things closed in November. I just have to believe (hope even) that there are clear KPIs that define success for the next 12 months or so.

I like your username - having just completed A320 qual, I know exactly what that means, and what to do with that FMA:-)