View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 02:24 PM
dingo222
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
This TA is pathetic and insulting. If it gets more than a 10% yes vote I’ll be very disappointed. We need to send a strong message. There is absolutely nothing they could offer me to agree to that scale of a “codeshare” with AA. 10 years?! We’ll likely be looking at CBA 3 by that point and desperately trying to recapture everything we gave up in this TA. All for 2% COLA( (which is insulting in the regular CBA). This is insane we even got a chance to read it.
this thing will pass if we as a group don’t educate the “ happy to be here” crowd. How this is supposed to be good for us is beyond me. We will get whipsawed against Eagle who will be flying focus city to focus city for pennies on the dollar. We will become branded as domestic pilots because we will be giving up intl flying. How’s that going to work in a merger? It’s not. Ask any pilot over the last 20 years how giving up scope worked out for them. We give up 35 percent of Carib flying so that we can operate more departures out of jfk/lga to Sheboygan, Topeka and Huntsville, while AA and eagle pilots get your Aua layovers and transcons. There is no amount of money they can offer me to give up scope. This isn’t a deal, it’s the biggest threat to my career I have faced at JB. Big fat no.