View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:02 PM
todd1200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
Not going to lie, I went into this thinking the TA was going to be mostly JB gains and us pulling more aircraft out of storage yada yada yada so more or less a win for us pilots. But wow, I was not expecting this.

So we fought years for the scope we have in our contract, which the union made perfectly clear was one of the biggest (value) factors we had going for us in our TA. We were also told if we wanted higher rates etc we would have to give up said items such as scope to get them. Now we are potentially giving up hub to hub flying, international flying and Caribbean flying which would/could be on our own metal? For a 2% raise which we should be getting in theory anyway with a new contract whenever that happens 4-5 years after we open??? Furlough protection for maybe another year? After the vaccine is already being rolled out with projections of 90% 2019 numbers this winter? Oh and sprinkle in some early out and no fly lines?????

5 year terms? Up to 10 years with 24 month spool downs?????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Flica waiting room??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????????????? For a 2% raise?????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??????????

This is a joke email from the union right? It has to be.
Agreed. I assumed I’d be voting “Yes” to something that what was essentially an extension of LOA 12 with a few carrots added to the mix. The extent of the scope relaxations and the 10 year timeframe turned me to a “No”. I’ve done VIL every month I could and was really looking forward to the possibility of a 1 or 2 year leave, but I’m not willing to sacrifice so much of Section 1 for so long.