View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:46 PM
Ted Striker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Unfortunately ALPA is already full-push on selling this. Expect your attention to be diverted from the huge negatives to the little positives.

Take today’s introductory email for example - second paragraph under “code sharing and job security” -
“akin to the existing 17 commercial agreements the company already has with airlines such as CapeAir, Silver Airways, and others”...

Notice who they name, and who they don’t name. Why mention CapeAir and Silver by name? Easy - those airlines aren’t threatening our jobs. What companies did they NOT mention by name? Emirates, Aer Lingus, South African Airways, Norwegian, Icelandair, Air China, Hawaiian...

Who does AA better resemble, those huge national and international carriers, or CapeAir?

Yet the email directs your attention to little tiny CapeAir and Silver... “and others”. It’s a sales pitch.
Why can’t they give us an outsiders look, I want to see a side by side comparison of all the positives and all the negatives. Stop giving me just a sell job, I pay for this service.