Thread: Ati interview
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 07:31 AM
abxflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by NeverHome View Post
I think the “ABX guys” part of of your post about sums it up.

From what I understand indeed we are set to get close to 180 pilots in 2021. Of course that is rumors, but based on what we are seeing and reading, there really isn’t reason to believe otherwise. That said let’s watch the year progress and see where we’re at.
I agree with NeverHome and a few others on here. ATI is sched to receive 5 a/c during the first half of this year from the most recent ATSG AMZ contract of 10 planes. I also believe...well "speculate" (howz that), the remaining 5 planes to be delivered in the latter half of the year will be assigned to ATI. While ATSG hasn't made any official announcement as such I think it will go that route. If so, it will definitely signal that ATSG/AMZ do not intend to expand ABX with AMZ opportunities, and most likely when contracts expire on the six aircraft ABX (all 200's) operates for AMZ they will not be renewed (AMZ isn't too big on keeping 200's).

Therefore, ATI will most likely continue expansion in crew force to meet these opportunities.

Ya heard it hear first....but time will tell either way.