View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 01:50 PM
AxlF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by fanaticalflyer View Post
I'm sorry you are still stuck in 2002 and Paul Whiteford's missteps. The current ALPA regime is what i'm more concerned with and their track record over the past 6 years deserves merit. You might have doubted them from the beginning but each year they have proven themselves into a position where they don't have to gain YOUR credibility. They deserve it. You want to be stuck with the Pre-Insler ALPA days. Well the bottom 1/3 of the list has been seeing nothing but great things as they've come aboard. The way I look at it, is that you are part of the old guard. Yeah, that old guard, that screwed over their own pilots, caved into management, and were weak. And now we are suppose to listen to the likes of you, that was part of that whole period, and have you tell us how the current ALPA is not good enough?!!! Are you kidding me?

Again, pay raises without the so-called sacrifices. That was your time from several contracts before.
Delta-snap up pay taking us to the highest rates. Oh yeah, you were against that LOA.
The most number of grievances settled by current ALPA MEC. I'm sure you have some sort of reason on how that wasn't a success.
Saving thousands of pilot jobs and getting our MPG restored thru end of March and now with a strong possibility of no furloughs this year with June furloughs off the table even with no new Cares Act. What an awful deal we signed?!!!
Everyone starting to go back to their previous positions.
Pilot group working with management to actually NOT shrink to profitability that happened several times in your career, but we actually do something positive for positioned growth during turmoil yet that is completely bad to you. Utterly embarrassing for you to have a bitter stance like this. Real simple - grow up!!
I won't paint oldmako with this brush, but I definitely get the feeling that some pilot's didn't like the givebacks early in their career since they came on the backs of the junior pilots (them)...and now the 'pain' is being spread across the entire pilot group (still them).