View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 03:42 PM
DaGreenBanana
No

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
I have absolute faith in vaccines. I have no doubt that an MRNA vaccine that has gone through the vaccine approval process will be and is safe. My wife and I and my kids are all up-to-date in our vaccinations - at least, the vaccinations that have gone through the full approval process.

See, that's what a lot of you might be missing - this vaccine was not approved under the normal approval process. This is a vaccine approved under an emergency use authorization - essentially a process for the FDA Commissioner to allow unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

This means that under the assumption that COVID-19 represents a grave threat to health, this vaccine is worth the gamble. The reality is that this is an unapproved vaccine rushed to market to treat an overhyped, sensationalized virus that likely poses no more significant health threat to the under 60 crowd then the flu.

This is why they might be having a hard time convincing the medical community themselves, the ones that should be the easiest to convince, to take the vaccine.
The vaccine has gone through all 3 phases of trial/approval, which all vaccines must go through. Watch the video, you might find it enlightening.