View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 09:24 AM
Casualinterest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Thanks! Lots of turmoil now, I know. Any guess as to which base(s) will settle out as most junior?
For those coming out of training now it seems that MSP 200 will be the most junior. After that I'm not 100% but probably dtw or cvg. I'll pull up the last vacancy and look at it.

To clear up how displacements work here, it's only as needed and it's done in big batch based on projected demand and flying. Displacements are a big logistical deal because contractually almost anyone can move, not just that are getting displaced (if there's at least one vacancy slot posted). So the company usually does them as little as possible. We did 3 last year but I think it's pretty obvious why. I know some regionals have the capability to do base changes monthly or quarterly, but ours are only as needed. We can (and have) gone months or years without a vacancy. I think in 2018 (I think) when we stopped hiring, we went like 6 months without any base movements.

They are planning to hire about 100+ this year and I've confirmed that we will LIKELY not need to do any interviews to meet this. We had way more than that in CJO holders already on hand.