View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:32 AM
acecrackshot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
And I don't think anyone in the front office in Dallas is laughing at the ULCCs. They are minting money. As they grow, though, their costs will grow with them.
It's easy to run thin, upcharge your customers, and underpay your workforce and make money. At some point, though, you have to go beyond flying from little airport to leisure destination because you will run out of customers if that is your only play.
Spirit is already realizing that it isn't that easy to compete in airline hub to hub operations. Your costs skyrocket and the legacy airlines will think nothing of taking a loss for a few quarters on a route in order to fortify their hubs.
If you are a Southwest pilot, this is one ironic post.

Personally, I think that WN is focusing on specifically United's market share in ORD/IAH/DEN.

For NK, there are some significant differences, namely a significant international presence that could potentially increase that is a significant yield generator. I think you'll soon see NK increase the frequency on its existing city pair, just like WN did in the early 1990s.