View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
iahflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default Skywest Profits $160 million in 2007

Skywest's net income for 2007 was $160 million dollars on a revenue of more than $3.3 billion dollars.
http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=11687

I just wanted to share. While I would prefer for this to not turn into a Skywest pilot bashing, I do want to make one request of every Skywest pilot on this board.

Tell your co-workers at Skywest about these pilot forum boards. Airlinepilotcentral, Jetcareers, Flightinfo, anything... Invite them to join. Send them the link to register. Tell them you enjoy reading and discussing the threads. Tell them you have learned a great deal reading the threads. Make it sound like a great thing and encourage them to join.

Tonywilliams made a great observation. Every Skywest pilot on this forum (except TW and slappy) voted against the pay proposal, and a good amount of them voted for ALPA. I think reading these boards has helped influence pilots decisions on these topics. Perhaps if more Skywest pilots read these forums, the votes would not be 70% for a slap-in-the-face pay proposal. I think you will have a lot more folks with a different point of view (rather than 00.32% is better than nothing type view)

Please encourage everyone you know to join these forums.

BTW, good job on the profit. $160 million is a lot for a regional carrier!!