Old 02-15-2021, 01:56 PM
FangsF15
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by Fish on View Post
Quoting the opinions of the free thought project? Seems valid.
My GF is an MD at Saint Mary's Med Cntr in West Palm Beach Fl. She got Covid in December and was sick for 20 days. Needed IV fluids etc. She and all of the MDs in her group (Internal Medicine) have gotten at least the first dose.
It's hard to think that some people practicing medicine don't believe in vaccines. BTW. I just got the shingles vaccine. Sore arm is the total side effect. I'm in line for the Covid shot.

Wish you and you wife well.
Not all vaccines are created equal (Don’t get me started on the regular flu vaccine). FWIW, there are a lot of practicing physicians who support vaccines in the generic, but also have some concerns with the long term effects of the mRNA technique. It is impossible to know of any long term effects yet - it hasn’t been long enough yet. Fact.

That said, in medicine, It’s all about risk. The long term risks to my 78 y/o mother are outweighed by the risk of COVID. That is not necessarily the same for our 21 y/o son. Anti-vaxxers are fools, but each person absolutely has the right to decline this vaccine, based on their own risk assessment. I hope many people get it, but I also understand those who make an informed choice not to.

BTW, I’ve had shingles. It SUCKS. I have since had the vaccine.