View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 07:48 AM
Thruster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by cashewchop View Post
I merely asked why every govt fire pilot job had the requirements for 90 days on the line in wildlnd fire, and how to meet this requirement if you already were established in a pilot career. The answer from a current FS pilot recruiter was, "this was added in the 2000s because too pilots were coming here to get their "time" so they would qualify for the airlines, then leave".
I then asked how one could accomplish that while maintaining a full time pilot job.
Answer" well, any way you can to get that 90 days.
Options I threw out were, sign up for an entry-level wildland gig in the summer while you take a break from flying, get on with a FS contractor that does firefighting/ lead plane with aircraft, or volunteer at your local/dual vfd and hope you are available during a big fire so you can start counting the 90 days..... (College credits in wildland fire wouldn't meet this requirement)
These were all deemed to be acceptable by the recruiter.
sorry if my first post offended you John. Just trying to shed some light on the process for other that might be wondering about that requirement and considering their options while looking for a job.
He’s always offended. Just look at his post history, he chirps at everyone who has a question about air attack.