Gets Weekends Off
germanaviator
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2011
  • Position
    Bizjet Captain
Quote: The European version of the CDC isn't as politicized as the United States version. I think in most cases they present a bit more science.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/public...9-transmission

The evidence regarding the effectiveness of medical face masks for the prevention of COVID-19 in the community is compatible with a small to moderate protective effect, but there are still significant uncertainties about the size of this effect. Evidence for the effectiveness of non-medical face masks, face shields/visors and respirators in the community is scarce and of very low certainty.

Additional high-quality studies are needed to assess the relevance of the use of medical face masks in the COVID-19 pandemic.

The data above is why face masks during a multi-year pandemic are not effective. Most of the mitigation measures are futile, fiscally and socially destructive -- but the state needs to keep its power:

https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/4/1376/htm

The minute people realize they have been duped, repressed and worse off with state intervention is the minute the state no longer has legitimacy.

Keep your mask on and don't travel, you need to stay "safe".
I think you make a good point in the first half of your post but then draw the wrong conclusions. They say that medical masks have a small to moderate protective effect. That's much better than no effect. I think that's important to realize. Especially for all those who continue to claim masks don't work. They are not perfect but they can be part of the solution, at least for a while.

I also don't see how masks are fiscally and socially destructive. Prolonged Lockdowns? Sure, pretty bad for the economy. Mask use until there is enough immunity though infection and vaccination? Not really destructive.