View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Gentlemen and my fellow co-workers at AA,

You may have been surprised when I said if AA misses the megamergers that they may in fact be a target of mergers down the road. This is an opinion.

When OFD, touted that the legislation only serves to double staple the TWA pilots this is more fact than fiction, but inflamtory nonetheless. We don't need to be reminded that were are at the bottom of the AA seniority list, we live it every day.

My comment back to him hoping AA gets stapled was admitedly, just as inflamatory, but it is my opinion that if AA misses the megamergers and gets bought years down the road, what is to stop the acquiring carrier from doing to you all what you did to us ?

In this case, yes, the TWA pilots will go further down the list, but just consider this for a second...all the years of service that you invested..all the birthdays you missed, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, all the rainy nights in flea-bag hotels, all the dues you paid were now made worthless by the acquiring carrier...you gotta agree that you would be fit to be tied.

As far as 7576's comment that there are 800 TWA capt senior to that are flying. Yes, I agree with you that back in 2001 when we operated as TWA LLC you are correct there probably were 800 TWA capts senior to you, and that had ZERO effect on your schedule...we were two diff. airlines. There are probably 1800 Capts at Southwest senior to you, but again that has no effect on you at all. Humbly, that is an inaccurate flame-bait statement.

The 3XP proves only 388 redtails are Capts as of 1/31/2008. To say to us that they will get their seat back soon is nice and friendly, but until it is painted up on the ramp and we are flying it, those statements mean nothing.

I do not know of any 1989 hires in STL that are in the left seat as of today. If you have a name, please just copy his/her initials and the month they were hired.

I'm sorry that you are upset that in 2001 our 1988/89 hires were Capts, but Holy Sweet Moses in a pair of tights, we were two different airlines and they were hired before you, what did you expect ???

Of the 388 redtail Capts, how many on the combined list are senior to you, I can look it up but we both know it is a number between 100-150, and these were guys hired at Ozark in the 70's back when you and I were in elementary school and a handful of 1985 and 1986 hires. In 1985 I went to my Senior Prom, dontcha think that you can live with somebody that was hired almost 10 years before you that you will allow them to be a Capt ? Or no ?

I always welcome you, my fellow co-workers to post about TWA, but keep it factual and if you want to post something inflamatory or inaccurate, it will be taken to task. I expect nothing less of you when postings are made about AA or the APA.

So what's for dinner, guys,

FF