View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 07:38 AM
gliderguider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

I dropped off APC a year ago when the mood on here got a little too dark for me, and am just now lurking again and its encouraging to see threads like this popping back up. I'll admit I haven't read all the posts leading up to this, but my $.02 is to make sure you honestly define your mission before buying an airplane. I own a J-3 Cub and have owned it for the last 8 years. Money has always been a major issue, so my compromise was to make sure I owned an airplane that was going to allow me to fly the most for the least amount of operating costs. Sometimes it can be difficult to justify using GA for transportation, especially if you have a large family, icing/equipment issues etc. Instead of trying to justify a useful tool, just look at it as purely a fun toy like a motorcycle, and look into something that will give you and your family and friends the joy of sightseeing, or cruising around for a nearby meal. For my money, I don't think there is a higher fun per dollar ratio right now than a Luscombe or Taylorcraft.