View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 09:34 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

To clarify, I’m proud we have profit sharing AND didn’t relinquish it. Which in turn forced the hand of the company (twice, initially and later to restore what was taken away after we denied a request to relinquish) to pledge the same to the rest of the employees. This put real rewards in the hands of the working regulars. Those same people a generation ago, would be the unionized proletariat. The middle class worker has prevailed here. As to the source of profit sharing, the sacrifice was necessary and inevitable. Without it the company would not exist. The wisdom to align future rewards with managements motives was the real win. I too endured the bankruptcy and acknowledge the greater sacrifices than mine and am forever grateful for the opportunity. My pride comes from the unprecedented share of our profitability we (all Delta line workers) partake in. Not some benevolent rewards bestowed on us out of a gracious management. The non-cons may or may not acknowledge ALPA’s role in their share but we (pilots) all know. I’m prideful that they receive it regardless. Labor employed by Delta has a claim to corporate profits beyond any other ever in history. This is a great accomplishment, period.

Last edited by notEnuf; 02-26-2021 at 09:53 PM.