Thread: Side Hustle
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 10:25 AM
mispoken
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
tbh, I am not really sure of the point trip and gunfighter are trying to make with the latest posts. Other than to diversify your portfolio, which I think no one will disagree with...
permabears be permabearing....always....so when things like last week happen they can say “I told you so”. Meanwhile, I’ve been laughing my way to the bank for the last decade on “bubbles” like TSLA, AMZN, SHOP etc. Their “ridiculous valuations” have created wealth far beyond my wildest dreams. Both stock and options.

My credo has worked well, for me; “Buy good companies, keep buying them and never sell”

There is a lot of group think in investing perpetuated by the wind socks on CNBC that have no skin in the game. Their message is always one of doom and they continue to program society and scream the big banks message that investing is hard, scary and risk; so it’s best left to them.

Follow true investors like Tom and David Gardner from The Motley Fool, emulate them and become wealthy. Its very simple, the discussion that this thread has turned into is a very good cross section of societies thought process on money and investing. There’s almost nothing on here that is right or wrong, they’re just different philosophies (some say valuations are high, some say they’re not and in reality nobody knows). Some say indexing is the only way to go, some say there are better ways. None of these have right or wrong answers, ultimately it’s whatever fits your style and risk tolerance.

Realize that there are other ways to invest other than indexing and you CAN Do much better. Had I indexed the last 10 years my wealth would be MILLIONS less than it is today. Can I lose all that? Sure. But that risk is what allows me the ability to beat the market and I’m quite accepting of that. It doesn’t make me right, or wrong, just of differing experience and style.