View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:21 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

It’s awareness not scaredness (I’m a lyrical genius, just to make it work)

Six fig is one thing, multi-Six fig is another and a driving force for many which seems fairly obvious. Cush box job on the ground and home every night if that’s the goal fantastic and definitely a good deal (I’m in maybe, when 60-65, can’t walk and must be wheel chair accessible). Plenty of differences in actually piloting and Play Station monitoring; agree crossings suck but most have lost their puppy love for flight anyway - but definitely still relish the skill set required and ability to hone/further refine their efforts during challenging events with actual skin in the game. Just a sense of being plugged in per say.

Personally - predominantly pre-covid, somewhat OK here and there - travel/chilling, visiting friends/relatives, awesome food and hiking around on some else’s dime while pain is minimal compared to my eventual “golden years” = priceless. Having had plenty of pentagon cubicle type work, ground station monitoring can’t be challenging until the “Big Red Light” comes on so that’s a huge plus with nights at the hacienda. When I flip to geriatric, sign me up for 2 on 5 off in a decade or so. Timing is everything!!! Looking forward to it if I become bored near retirement and need some good hobby money, thanks for the fallback I might just run with it down the line.