View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 02:30 PM
Booker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by tennisguru View Post
Oof, that might put some people in a pickle if true...

Edit: just went to read the actual LOA language and I'm not sure where this one will fall. It basically says that the pilot will notify the company of their MD preferences or their request for a PLOA or their request for MLOA.

It specifically says the PLOA can be up to one year "or longer with company concurrence."

It doesn't explicitly say that the company will grant the PLOA no matter what, but it does seem to imply that the pilot has the choice of one of those 3 options.
A few people in my class are in that situation, having made commitments to other employers for the rest of this year. Negotiators' Notepads 20-12 and 20-13 contained the following (emphasis from the original):

In this case, the Company will post an announcement that they are exercising the recall of pilots via inverse assignment. Pilots will have 15 days to express their mandatory recall preferences via the Mandatory Displacement (MD) template in iCrew. In those 15 days, pilots will also have the option to opt-out and choose a PLOA for up to 12 months (or longer with Company concurrence) or take an MLOA.
Q: If I have been recalled via inverse assignment and need more than 12 months before I return to Delta, will the Company grant me a PLOA for longer than 12 months?

A: The Company must award a requested PLOA of a year or less in this scenario. A longer PLOA may be granted with Company concurrence.
But yeah, the obvious problem is the use of "request" in the LOA itself.