Thread: UPS 2021 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Cougs
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Default Standard First Post

It's my first post... be gentle. I've RTFD multiple times and it still isn't crystal clear. I've searched the forum archives for the particular answer, and while I'm sure it's floating around the nets, I can't find it. I'd rather get ridiculed by the internet than tube my UPS app because I don't want to ask a stupid question.

On the Flight Crew Application Supplement, Section II Flight Time, it states:

"UPS considers Instructor/Evaluator time as PIC time. List the PIC and Instructor/Evaluator time separately in the appropriate columns."

Perhaps I don't have the required reading comprehension skills, but this statement appears to contradict itself.

Under the "Add Aircraft Information", there is a separate block for PIC and a separate block for INST/EVAL. So for example if I had 600 hours of non-instructional PIC time and 400 hours of INST/EVAL time, I would fill out those blocks as 1000/400 or 600/400? I'm inclined to think the directions want me to put 600PIC and 400INST/EVAL (listed separately in the appropriate columns), and the rest of the form is combined PIC+Inst/Eval of 1000.

The Part B Section II just lists PIC time and/or Total time, and it's pretty clear that those blocks are intended for the cumulative PIC+Inst/Eval times, per the first half of the instructions (Instructor/Evaluation time as PIC time).

RTFQ/RTFD, got it. Maybe I just have terrible reading comprehension?