View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:01 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Exclamation Cargo Jumpseat Information & Security

Due to the nature of cargo ops on remote pads, people frequently have questions about JS procedures.

Please review the APC TOS (excerpt below) before posting this sort of info. For cargo purposes, it should be OK to describe how to actually get to the cargo ops facility but anything beyond that is TMI. If you're confident that someone posting here is legit, you can make the call to share more info via pmail, but that's all on you. Ideally, detailed procedures should be passed via union or company channels.

We do take security seriously here, for specific good reasons. We are a relatively small community and most people flying professionally on 9/11 knew somebody who was impacted one way or another. One of the AA pilots used my AME, and some of the hijackers actually trained at my FBO... I was almost certainly in the FBO or on the ramp at the same time as they were, if only I had known.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Terms of Service (Excerpt):

- Jumpseat (JS) – Interline reciprocal status and relevant phone numbers to list are permissible. JS procedures that relate to access (terminal or cockpit) are absolutely forbidden, as is anything listed in the FOM/SOP as SSI.
- Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) – General discussion to the application process and administrative issues related to training are allowed; however, the content of training and anything related to operational procedures, to include naming of names, schedules, is prohibited.
- Federal Air Marshal (FAM) – Discussion of the FAM program is prohibited, including the size, scope or funding of the program.
- Known Crew Member (KCM) – Discussion of KCM or any TSA operational details are prohibited.