View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 01:18 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Have flown with quite a few former regional Capt/FOs this past year on the 74. Mostly from Trans/Compass whose timing is everything before the long lines began. Heavy flying is not for everyone but for those who enjoy something different, the 74 is not cookie cutter compared to the others. Change is rampant, aggravating/inspiring/disheartening/promising, etc. it all depends on how you approach it. Granted, not all “Heavies” are created equal as our 74s go everywhere despite the schedule being in flux at times. 777 more defined schedules and less destinations as does the 76 which has limited overseas by comparison to the Xtra-Large Twin or Fantastic 4 Banger. They all do get out of the country but the 76 is fairly more domesticated which is a highlight for many. More 7 on 7 off type deals vs the rest of the packs running the 17 day or 3 smaller footprints in a 60 day bid line. Let’s not forget, do you prefer long legs or short, 2 pilots only or 3,4 working a third or half the time and how is your living space? Sleeping on the Floor, in a Seat, Bunks or even actual rooms on the 74. I myself sleep mostly in the big chairs if they are good ones and go to the room on 12 hour plus legs usually. Time zones may be problematic as well. Overall, it’s hard to tell from the outside looking in until you step foot on any of the equipment to see what meets your lifestyle needs.

*I do not care for anything that remotely smells of a “sort” operation. That is just me. I will enjoy this until it meanders down that path someday. Let CVG be that place, I bid around it. I know, truly spoiled.

*Travel, especially pre-RONA it’s a no brainer and that’s one of the top reasons I stay put. With travel comes food and I fly to eat. Wife says what time off she wants away from me (maybe its her boyfriends schedule), then I pick the line according to what my dining preferences are...

Last edited by C17B74; 03-03-2021 at 01:44 PM.