Old 03-04-2021, 06:27 AM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Mmmm....I’ve got a different opinion on this.
If I see 5 busts then yeah that’s a no-no.
However, 4 Private fails can simply be the result of poor instruction, sign off when not ready, asinine DE and just simply bad luck.
Most everyone here will tell you to own up on fails and not blame anybody else but some are just...very understandable.
Personally I’ve had a Private pilot student fail as he followed the wrong plane on final. Tower tells him to turn base after the Learjet and he turns after the Citation on short final.
Your CFI is a notoriously hard one and at one point the Orlando FSDO had like a 90% First time fail rate.
As a Chief Flight instructor looking to hire you I’d ask you to tell me about the failed Private rides and how it would help you become a better instructor.
You’ve got quite a way to go, CFII, MEI, ATP.
Then probably half a dozen 135 rides. Initial type ride, recurrent, upgrade 135.299
You can literally put 12 checkrides between yourself and your last fail.
Again, just my opinion, as a potential employer I’d shrug off your CFI as that’s a common one and as far as your Private, I’d just feels sorry for you as I’ve seen a lot of drama at the Private pilot level.
I think a string of fails in consecutive ratings is much more concerning.
Fail Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi and CFI is much more bothersome to me.
Now HR...are generally not pilots or former instructors.

Last edited by TiredSoul; 03-04-2021 at 06:38 AM.