Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 04:27 AM
sanicom3205
Eating A Gruben

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by ny797 View Post
Will AA go bankrupt anytime soon? Probably not. But if I were a prospective new hire, I'd steer far clear of coming here vs pretty much any other major, LCC, or ULCC. Never would have said that a year ago, unfortunately our management is too arrogant to realize that they're going to have a huge problem recruiting in the future for both here and the WO's, as the flow is essentially worthless.
Its a tough bet to make. I agree, we’re a dumpster fire of a company right now. But if you’re a 30 year old with your eyes on a major, you should be looking at the aggregate of the 35 years you have left. The AA, Delta, United etc of today will look completely different in five or ten years, yet alone 20.

I’m not saying that AA is the best choice when you take the long view, just saying when it comes down to it it’s a gamble on the future of the company and how it effects your career trajectory. That gamble looks different for everyone.

Don’t forget that even highly qualified candidates don’t have pick of which company they want to work for. I wish they’d have a shortage of people coming here but I don’t see it.